Wednesday, August 17, 2011

CHAPTER ONE

So I thought it would be nice to use these last weeks to reminsce over the whole Emma Loca story, from the beginning 'til the very end. It's gonna be quite extensive, with names, songs, places, parties, photos.. all kinds of memories, but I'll hope you'll enjoy it as much as I'll certainly do!


May 2007 - June 2008

It all started with a massive renovation. I designed the interiors, bought material and then supervised the contractors. Had so much fun during the entire process - as well as a chronic headache due to delays and road bumps.. But anyway, in the end it was all worth it because it turned out fantastic!

Opening night with friends and family was pretty much the most amazing day of my life. The sense of pride and accomplishment is something that will live within me forever and ever.
Oh, the memories.. let's look back at some snapshots from that event..





It's funny to look at these old photos because it still looks kinda the same, just a tiiiiny little bit more cluttered.. hehe

Went on quite a few business trips that first year; Barcelona, Bali, Kuala Lumpur, California (twice).. now that I put it like that, I don't even know how I had time to get any work done? Was I even here? 
Luckily I've always found great staff to help me out when in need. It's pretty amazing how lucky/blessed I've been to get so many beautiful, smart and reliable girls that want to work for me. Alisa, Helena, Bea, Maja, Isabelle, Irene, Maria, Astrid and of course the one and only Therese. My rock that's been with me almost since the start. Love and trust her to death. Always sassy and always there with a smile, keeping the place nice and tidy (Thank God for OCD haha!) 
I'm forever grateful to have had the opportunity to get to know so many wonderful girls, of which some I today am fortunate enough to call 'friend'. 

I hosted the first annual Christmas party that year. Remember baking saffron buns and cookies like a maniac,  you can see the result on the pictures below.. Also visible is the alternative hairstyle I was sporting, combined with silver glitter eyeshadow, black sequence skirt and my favorite silk tunic. I miss those days! I was so sparkly!! 








Soundrack of Year One 
(I'm sure I've forgotten most, and the playlist on iTunes got wiped out along with everything else on my old hard drive, but you get the picture)

Belanova - Tus Ojos
Lily Allen - Smile
Musiq Soulchild - Just Friends
Maroon 5 - Makes Me Wonder
Jason Mraz - Curbside Prophet
Lily Allen - Everything's Just Wonderful
Vapnet - Kalla Mig
Vanessa Paradis - Be My Baby
Belanova - Mirame
Jason Mraz - The Remedy


Chapter Two will start with the event of Emma Loca's 1st anniversary party and how two drunken girls got inked some very foul words.... Oh my...

No comments: